You have to go back to the CES at the beginning of the year to find information on ScanWatch, the Withings hybrid smartwatch equipped with an electrocardiogram function and capable of detecting sleep apnea. Well, nine months later – the pandemic has slowed its path – the wearable arrives on the market after having obtained the CE mark and is finally available for purchase, Italy included.
"The most advanced medical wearable device on the market", the French company had defined it at the time of launch: it is clinically tested and integrates PPG and SpO2 sensors to carry out in-depth measurements of the state of health. To perform an ECG, you must touch the sides of the watch frame for 30 seconds, and the results appear both on the watch face and on the app installed on the connected smartphone.
- PMOLED analog display
- heart rate measurement with irregular beats detection
- ECG (medical level)
- continuous detection of physical activity
- respiratory disturbance detection
- SpO2 detection
- sleep monitoring
- VO2Max estimate
- Bluetooth LE connectivity
- compatibility with iOS 10+ and Android 6.0+
- dimensions and weight:
- 38mm (1.6 "): 38.4×13.2mm
- 18mm strap
- 42mm (1.65 "): 42×13.7mm
- 20mm strap
- battery with autonomy up to 30 days, recharges in 2 hours
- material: stainless steel
- water resistant up to 50 meters
Withings ScanWatch is available for purchase in black or white on the official website and on Amazon. These are the recommended prices:
- 38mm: € 279.95
- 42mm: € 299.95
The best quality / price ratio of 2020? Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite, on offer today by Emarevolution at 264 euros or from Amazon at 329 euros.