After resuming the distribution of cumulative updates, interrupted due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Microsoft has released in the past few hours a new update package that resolves several bugs and problems encountered with the latest versions of Windows 10.
The update – build KB4566116 – is classified as "non-security" and as usual will not be installed automatically with Windows Update; Windows 10 versions supported are 1903 and 1909 along with Windows 10 Server 1903.
As mentioned, the update package solves many bugs, especially regarding the operation / blocking of some applications as well as the crash of the operating system (in some situations).
Among the problems solved Micrsoft highlights seven most important:
- Abnormal hard drive filling in some error situations
- Inability to start Microsoft Gaming Services
- Yukon (Canada) time zone issue
- Display issue on some touchscreen devices
- Unexpected closure of the Settings screen
- Authentication issue related to typing a space before the username
- Delayed opening of some programs
As reported by Microsoft, the KB4566116 update does not cause further problems, however it will be necessary to wait for the feedback of the users (so a few days) to check for any "contraindications" of the new package.
The download can be done from the Windows Settings (Updates and Security / Windows Update / Optional Updates) or, alternatively, from the Microsoft Update Catalog.