Starting today, Uber Taxi officially lands in Naples after having already been launched previously in Turin. Going into detail, all those who are in the city will be able to count on about 50 taxis that have registered on the Uber platform.
This service, for taxi drivers, represents a possibility to increase their revenues. Membership is free and drivers will pay 12% of the cost of each ride to Uber. Earnings will be paid out on a weekly basis again through the application. Participating taxi drivers will be able to take advantage of the Partner Protection insurance program signed with AXA which guarantees coverage in the event of illness or accident.
Passengers, as usual, will be able to use all the known features offered by the American company service. For example, they will be able to receive information about the driver, have an estimate of the cost of the journey in advance, divide the cost of the journey, view the route of their journey and, thanks to the anonymization system, passengers and drivers will be able to in contact by phone or chat without sharing your phone number.
Furthermore, all races comply with a precise health safety protocol.
Before the trip, through the app it will be possible to identify the nearest taxi driver and find out if he has accepted the ride or not. Specifically, passengers will be able to:
- Get information about the taxi driver's profile
- Get an estimate of the cost of the ride in advance
- Follow the car's route on the map integrated into the app
- Have an estimate of the taxi arrival time
- Get an estimate of the arrival time at your destination
The rides can be canceled without penalty within 2 minutes of acceptance. In addition, a penalty of 5 euros will be paid. During the journey, passengers and drivers can:
- Share the route in real time with trusted contacts
- Divide the cost of the ride
- Access all the functions of the safety center
- Make the emergency call to 112
- Receive assistance from Uber
At the end of the journey, passengers are issued an electronic receipt with a summary of the journey. Through the app it will be possible to leave a tip to the driver.
- Uber | iOS | App Store, Free
- Uber | Android | Google Play Store, Free
Apple's smallest TOP of the range? Apple iPhone SE, on offer today by Mobzilla at 405 euros or by Media World at 469 euros.