tado ° renews its offer of smart thermostats at the (virtual) 2020 edition of IFA. There are three innovations presented today by tado °, two of the hardware type and one of the software type. More in detail: new V3 + wireless basic kit and wireless temperature sensors; Care & Protect, a function that helps prevent boiler failures
The new basic kit simplifies the installation of the tado ° V3 + thermostat. The wireless solution is aimed, for example, at those who own a bolier with a non-wired thermostat (or a heating system completely devoid of a thermostat) who can therefore take advantage of the new kit to use the tado ° smart thermostat with less difficulty during the assembly. The new kit joins, without replacing, the previous wired kits.
tado ° today launches the new Wireless Smart Thermostat – basic kit, a solution that is added to the tado ° product line-up to offer a more complete and clear choice to the customer, to further simplify installation and ensure compatibility with all the heating configurations
The main functions of the V3 + smart thermostat are mentioned
- Compatibility with 95% of heating systems
- Heating control via the tado ° smartphone app
- Monitoring of climatic trends and accumulated savings
- Smart skills to reduce waste: geolocation, open window detection, weather data integration, smart scheduling
- Auto-Assist: automation of geolocation and open window (function available in the paid app, 2.99 euro / month, 24.99 euro / year, can be canceled at any time)
- Smart Home integration and voice control with Alexa, Apple HomeKit and Google Assistant
- The V3 + wireless kit includes: Wireless temperature sensor, internet bridge, radio receiver, 3 AAA batteries, cable, mounting material
Upon completion, the new wireless sensors for temperature and humidity detection arrive (one, as mentioned, is included in the kit)
support the convenient centralized control of multiple Smart Radiator Thermostats in one or more rooms. By isolating the temperature measurement from the heat source, you can make a more precise and convenient adaptation to the desired home climate. More than just a sensor, the integrated user interface allows you to manually adjust settings on the device itself. Additionally, the Wireless Temperature Sensors can be placed wherever these measurements are most needed, such as in a child's bedroom or in a damp basement. Wireless Temperature Sensors complement tado °'s Environmental Wellbeing skills as they allow users to monitor room climate and provide detailed insights and practical advice for a healthier home environment.
The basic kit with the V3 + wireless smart thermostat is offered for € 229.99, while the wireless temperature sensors cost € 79.99 each:
Care & Protect is a software feature that monitors domestic heating systems 24/7: it detects boiler faults, provides information on how to resolve the malfunction in person – when possible – or suggests who to contact. On this point, tado ° emphasizes:
On average, a home heating system fails every 2-3 years. Booking a professional repair usually takes time, as well as being expensive and frustrating. After analyzing millions of blocked tado ° customer boilers, we found that in 60% of cases these could be fixed by the owners themselves and on the same day.
Care & Protect:
- monitors the heating system day and night
- sends the user updates on the operating status using the data collected by the tado ° smart thermostats
- provides a self-repair guide or alternatively allows you to call one of the technicians suggested by the tado ° Boiler Repair Service directly from the app
- prevents breakdowns before they occur
- the function takes advantage of the bidirectional digital connection between the boiler and the smart thermostat which allows to continuously detect parameters such as water pressure, pump speed and error codes – for example, if the water pressure is too low, the user will receive a notification on the app that allows you to intervene in time to avoid blocking the boiler. In the absence of a digital boiler, the tado ° thermostat will still provide assistance using the room temperature data
Care & Protect is a paid service: starting from October it will be added as a third function of Auto-Assist (the prices are those mentioned just above 2.99 euros / month or 24.99 euros / year).