Mobvoi has announced TicWatch GTX, an affordable smartwatch with an aluminum case and circular dial with a proprietary operating system. Yes, the device differs from other wearables of the brand for not having WearOS on board, as instead have TicWatch Pro – arrived in 2020 version in February – or the more recent TicWatch C2 + launched during the summer.
The technical specifications are not top of the range, justified by a particularly low price: in the USA it is offered at 59.99 dollars.
TicWatch GTX integrates a 1.28 "TFT display and 240×240 pixel resolution. The processor is a RLC8762C, flanked by 160KB of RAM memory (no, we did not misspell) and 16MB of internal storage. The product is water resistant with IP68 certification and has Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity, but not Wi-Fi and GPS.
The battery is a 200 mAh unit that can be fully recharged in 2 hours and which according to the company guarantees up to 7 days of battery life with regular use.
There is no shortage of features aimed at the world of health and sport: among these the 24-hour heart rate monitoring, sleep monitoring, the ability to view app notifications, music playback and 14 training modes.
- SoC: RLC8762C
- Display: 1.28 inch TFT with 240×240 pixel resolution
- 160KB of RAM
- 16MB of storage memory
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 5.0
- Sensors: Heart rate (Vcare VC31), Accelerometer (Bosch BMA421)
- Battery: 200 mAh – autonomy up to 7 days with regular use (10 days with energy saving)
- Training Mode: Outdoor Running, Indoor Running, Outdoor Cycling, Indoor Cycling, Indoor Walking, Yoga, Swimming, Rope Jumping, Rowing, Soccer, Basketball, Gymnastics, Mountaineering, Freestyle Training
Mobvoi TicWatch GTX will be available in early September in the United States at a price of $ 59.99 (about 50 euros). Those who decide to pre-order it on the official website can count on a 10% discount on the list price.
Although TicWatch GTX is not currently available for pre-order in Europe, Mobvoi has announced that it is already working to bring it to our market as soon as possible.
Hello! 😁Thank you all for reaching out to us! We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and disappointment you all experienced! While the TicWatch GTX is currently not available for pre-ordering in Europe, we're working on expanding to Europe very soon! Please stay tuned! ❤️
– Mobvoi_Official (@Mobvoi_Official) August 21, 2020