Microsoft Remote Desktop waived the Force Touch gesture to right-click in Pointer mode earlier this year, and is now receiving a new update on the iOS App Store.
The innovations introduced are both numerous and particularly interesting and allow the app developed by the Redmond company to move to version 10.1.3 and to solve some problems encountered with previous releases. Among these, in particular, we report the resolution of an issue that prevented the consistent operation of the microphone and the correction of a bug where the audio output of the iPhone was reproduced on the headset instead of the internal speaker.
Further changes mentioned in the official changelog then include the introduction of the input mode for all active connections to PCs and remote apps and more.
We report the full changelog present in the App Store:
In this version 10.1.3 some bug fixes and feature updates have been included. Here are the news:
- Input mode (mouse pointer or touch mode) is now available in all active connections to remote PCs and apps.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the microphone from functioning consistently.
- A bug has been fixed where the audio output of the iPhone was reproduced from the headset instead of the internal speaker.
- Support for automatic switching of audio output between iPhone / iPad internal speaker, Bluetooth speakers and AirPods has been added.
- Audio continues to play in the background when switching from the client or locking the device.
- Input mode automatically switches to touch mode when using a SwiftPoint mouse on the iPhone or iPad (does not run iPadOS 13.4 or later).
- Fixed graphical output errors that occurred when the server was configured to use AVC444 full screen mode.
- VoiceOver bugs have been fixed.
In addition, we changed the way panning works in a zoomed session when using the external mouse or trackpad. To navigate a zoomed session using an external mouse or trackpad, simply press and drag away from the pan knob with the mouse cursor. To perform the same operation in touch mode, simply press on the knob and then move your finger. The session will follow the movements of the finger. Finally, in mouse pointer mode you can pan by pressing the virtual mouse cursor towards the sides of the screen.
The latest release of Microsoft Remote Desktop is already available for download on the App Store. Follow the download link.
- Microsoft Remote Desktop | iOS | App Store, Free