MediaTek updates the range of processors by presenting Dimensity 800U, a renewed version of the solution presented at the beginning of the year and intended for mid-range smartphones.
It is a SoC with integrated modem made by TSMC with 7nm production process capable of supporting sub-6GHz SA and NSA networks and 5G UltraSave technologies to reduce battery consumption, 5G + 5G Dual SIM Dual Standby (DSDS) , dual Voice over New Radio (VoNR) and 2CC 5G-CA for a faster yet more stable 5G connection.
The SoC consists of an octa-core CPU with two 2.4GHz Arm Cortex-A76 processors and six 2GHz Arm Cortex-A55 processors. The GPU is an Arm Mali-G57, which is accompanied by an APU for artificial intelligence, LPDDR4x RAM up to 2133MHz and internal UFS 2.2 memory.
MediaTek guarantees superior performance compared to the Dimensity 700 series: the opening of games will be 1.4 times faster, as will the CPU (11%) and GPU (28%).
- Display: 2520×1080, 120Hz refresh rate
- CPU 2x Arm Cortex-A76 @ 2.4GHz + 6x Arm Cortrex-A55 @ 2GHz
- Graphics: Arm Mali-G57 MC3
- Video playback: 4K @ 30fps
- LPDDR4x @ 2133MHz RAM
- Internal memory up to 12GB UFS 2.2
- camera: 20 + 16MP, 64MP
- video: 3840×2160
- Accelerator AI
- Connectivity: 5G Multi-Mode SA / NSA, DSDS, VoNR, 2CC 5G-CA, download speed up to 2.3Gbps, WiFi 5, Bluetooth 5.1
- Satellites: GPS, QZSS L1 + L5, Galileo E1 + E5a, BeiDou B1CèB2a, NAVIC
- Support for voice on wakeup (VoW) and dual microphone noise reduction technology
- Support for multiple voice assistants, including Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa
Recall that MediaTek will soon bring its Dimensity processors outside the Chinese borders.
Top range with infinite battery and super display? Asus ROG Phone 2, on offer today from ASUS eShop for 699 euros or from Unieuro for 899 euros.