macOS 11 Big Sur received its third developer Beta during yesterday evening, along with iOS / iPadOS / tvOS 14 and watchOS 7; even if an official changelog has not been specified, the main international geeks have gone out of their way to update to discover all the smallest news. In fact there is not much to report, and it is marginal finishes, however here are all the details:
- New battery icon. It is located in the relevant section of the system preferences.
- Removed the estimate of residual autonomy. It had been introduced with the first Beta, and it is not known why it was removed. It is not impossible that this is an error and that it will be restored in subsequent Beta.
- New icon for the Music app. It is very similar to that of the counterpart for iPhone and iPad seen in the other Beta of the new OS.
- Changed the screenshot capture sound again. It is a mix of the one introduced with the previous Beta and the traditional one of the previous versions.
- New shape for the Play button in the Music app. Instead of being a normal triangle pointing to the right, as usual, there is now also a rectangular section on the left. It almost seems like a graphic bug rather than a deliberate modification, but we'll see.