Kobo Nia is the new ebook reader that has just been made official by the manufacturer: it fits as the entry model of the entire range, making price its workhorse, without giving up a backlit 6 "display.
In summary, it is a slightly revised version of the Kobo Clara HD, the panel dimensions are in fact the same, however, to get to 99 euros, the list price of Kobo Nia, you have to accept some compromises.
First of all, the Nia display has a lower pixel per inch value than the other Kobo models (212 ppi, against 300 ppi), the backlight does not support the ComfortLight PRO mode (for the reduction of blue light), and finally the processor it operates at a slightly lower frequency (900 MHz versus 1GHz). Compared to the Kobo Clara HD, the weight increases by a few grams (172 grams against 166).
The main technical characteristics include:
- 6 "E Ink touch paper display, 212 ppi, 1024 × 758 resolution
- Dimensions: 112.4 x 159.3 x 9.2mm
- Weight: 172 grams
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 820.11 b / g / n, Micro USB
- Light: ComfortLight, single color light with adjustable brightness
- Storage memory: 8GB (up to 6000 storable ebooks)
- Supported file formats: EPUB, EPUB3, PDF, MOBI, JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP, TIFF, TXT, HTML, XHTML, RTF, CBZ, CBR
- Other: TypeGenius with 12 different fonts and over 50 sizes, exclusive font thickness and sharpness settings
- Battery: 1000 mAh, lasts for weeks depending on use
Kobo Nia costs 99 euros and can be pre-ordered through the official website (link in SOURCE). As for shipments, the first units will be processed from July 21st.