Gods & Monsters, Ubisoft's attempted response to The Legend of Zelda, quickly disappeared from the radar shortly after its announcement, only to reappear a few months ago on Stadia for a few hours. In the meantime we have received very few updates on the title, but it seems that things are about to unlock and it is not even unlikely that the game will be one of the next protagonists of the Ubisoft Forward scheduled for September 10th.
To give us new hope is none other than the Xbox store, where the title appeared for a few hours with lots of information – for example, we know it will weigh 30GB -, some screens (which you can find below) and a new title: Immortals Fenyx Rising. The news was already in the air for a few days, but this passage at the Microsoft store confirms what had been hypothesized, or that Ubisoft has chosen to completely change the name of the game.
In addition to this, we know that Immortals Fenyx Rising has an unofficial launch date set for next December 3rd and that it will offer full support for Smart Delivery technology, so the version dedicated to Xbox Series X will be distributed for free to all those who purchase a copy for Xbox One. Despite the name change, it seems that the game has not heavily changed its nature, still remaining very anchored in Greek mythology. The description on the page, in fact, read:
Immortals Fenyx Rising gives life to a great mythological adventure. Play as Fenyx, a new winged demigod, on a mission to save the Greek Gods.
- The fate of the world is at stake: you are the last hope of the gods.
- Master their powers, such as Achilles 'sword and Daedalus' wings to battle powerful enemies and solve ancient puzzles.
- Battle iconic mythological beasts such as the Cyclops and Medusa in dynamic combat in the air and on the ground.
- Use your skills and various weapons, including self-guided arrows, telekinesis and more, for devastating damage.
- Discover a stylized open world in seven unique regions, each inspired by the Gods