Iliad's growth continues unstoppable: even in the 2nd quarter of 2020, marked by the global pandemic and the closure of all Iliad Stores due to lockdowns during the month of April, the French operator recorded a net increase in new users compared to the same period of last year.
According to the latest data provided, 454,000 customers have decided to activate an Iliad SIM in the second quarter. The total now exceeds 6 million users throughout Italy (in February there were 5 million), a number that has allowed Iliad to reach a market share of approximately 8%. Turnover also increased, amounting to 162 million euros with an annual low growth of 68%.
The next goal – says Benedetto Levi, CEO Iliad – remains the launch of the fixed network, a market in which the operator will be present thanks to the collaboration with Open Fiber announced at the beginning of July.
In the second quarter of the year we wanted to show concrete closeness to our users, suppliers and partners, and we were rewarded with significant growth. We continue in this direction and now look to the next market launch of the fixed network.
In short, here is a list of the latest data provided by the operator:
- Expected investments (excluding frequencies): 223 million euros
- Radio sites installed: 5,800
- Activated sites: 3,980, target 5,000 sites by the end of 2020
- EBITDAal: 876 million euros, up + 9.4% compared to the first half of 2019
- Net profit: 205 million euros
- Iliad Store: 200 active points throughout Italy, opening soon in Fireze (at the "I Gigli" shopping center)
We also remember two Iliad offers that can be activated with the possibility of passing the number or new activation:
- GIGA 50: Unlimited calls and messages + 50GB of internet + 4GB of data in Europe – OFFER LINK
- VOICE ONLY: Unlimited calls and messages + 40MB of data – OFFER LINK
- OR: CLICK FOR ALL ACTIVABLE OFFERS