Huawei WiFi AX3 is official, and is already available for purchase at major consumer electronics and online stores, including on Amazon (link at the end of the article). The recommended price is 99.90 euros.
The router supports WiFi 6+ (the standard made its debut on the market last year), and guarantees a powerful, fast, stable and secure connection – especially if used as a hub for the brand's devices – thanks to the presence of the processor. Gigahome and the Gigahome WiFi 6 chipset that improves the bandwidth up to 160MHz, as well as the implementation of the joint multi-chip technology that guarantees more speed and power of wall-penetration (translated: stability of the connection even when far from the router). These are the words of Pier Giorgio Furcas, Deputy General Manager Huawei Italia CBG:
The HUAWEI WiFi AX3 series of routers is another step that makes our 1 + 8 + N strategy even more concrete, with the aim of ensuring seamless connectivity for all Huawei users.
There are two models available: one dual-core, the other quad-core. On the latter, Android users will be able to take advantage of Huawei Share which allows you to connect to the WiFi network via NFC without the need to enter the password. Also on the same version there are four independent signal amplifiers – there are two in the dual-core variant – to enable Mesh networking for multiple Huawei routers and to support wireless, wired and hybrid wireless + wired network modes. Also featured is Huawei HomeSec (quad-core only), with an independent security area in the Gigahome chip and the TrustZone security solution built from the microkernel.
- speed: 2 simultaneous bands up to 2976Mbps (2.4GHz: 574Mbps, 5GHz: 2402Mbps)
- standard: 802.11ax / ac / n / a 2×2 and 802.11ax / n / b / g 2×2, MU-MIMO
- frequency: 2.4GHz and 5GHz
- quad-core: 1.4GHz quad-core Gigahome
- dual-core: Gigahome dual-core at 1.2GHz
- RAM and flash memory:
- quad-core: 256 / 128MB
- dual-core: 128 / 128MB
- WAN: 1x Ethernet 10/100 / 1000Mbps
- LAN: 3x Ethernet 10/100 / 1000Mbps
- Ethernet: 802.3, 802.3u, 802.3ab
- keys: pairing and reset
- quad-core: 12V DC, 2A
- dual-core: 12V DC, 1A
- quad-core: <24W
- dual-core: <12W
- app: Huawei AI Life
- modes: stand-by, standard, ultra-fast
- QoS: support for the speed limit of devices
- security: TrustZone (quad-core), Anti-brute force, WPA3, Firewall, DMZ, PAP / CHAP, DMZ / DoS attack protection
- functions: Huawei Share (quad-core), Huawei HiLink & 802.11v protocol, IPv4 / IPv6, PPPoE / DHCP / static IP address / Bridge WAN, WiFi timer, guest WiFi, device speed limiter, MAC address filter, Parental control , VPN pass through, DMZ virtual server
- dimensions and weight:
- quad-core: 403g
- dual-core: 387g
Huawei's top at the best price? Huawei P30 Pro, on offer today by Emarevolution at 478 euros or from Amazon at 579 euros.