Honor brings its first WiFi 6+ router to Italy: it is the Router 3 presented in China in the spring and now available for purchase also in the European market (in addition to Italy, distribution has been extended to Germany, France, Spain and Netherlands). The Chinese manufacturer immediately wants to give potential buyers three reasons to evaluate their purchase.
The first is the price of 79 euros which remains competitive considering the characteristics starting from the compatibility with the aforementioned WiFi 6+ standard. And then there is a promotion with a double gift: it is valid for those who purchase the Router 3 from 24 July to 17 August and allows you to receive the Honor Band 5 and the Honor Sport Bluetooth headphones for free.
Users interested in purchasing can connect to the official website of the manufacturer. Availability is set for July 24th.
The product, as mentioned, is not unpublished but a review of the main technical characteristics and some strengths does not hurt:
- the hardware platform is based on the Gigahome chipset comprising a 1.2GHz dual-core CPU
- supports WiFi6 + with data transfer rates up to 3000 Mbps and the WPA3 security standard
- the components are enclosed in a white body measuring 245 x 159.2 x 39.7 mm
- integrates four antennas, three LAN ports (with automatic speed adaptation between 100 and 1000Mbps) and a LED status light
- through the H button located at the top of the router, users can pair up to five Routers 3 to create a mesh network
- supports OFDM Multi-User technology that allows the router to communicate with multiple devices simultaneously: maximum 4 on the 2.4GHz band and up to a maximum of 16 on the 5GHz band
- it supports the Target Wake Time function to make the connected devices wake up at set times to receive data. In this way, interference between them is avoided and energy consumption can be reduced by up to 30%
- supports Dynamic Narrow Bandwidth technology which allows Honor smartphones with WiFi 6 to send signals up to 6dB more intense to the Router – improving speed and coverage
- it can be combined with the AI Life App application dedicated to the management of the WiFi network
The 5G that does not give up anything? Motorola Edge, on offer today from Tecnosell to 510 euros or from Unieuro to 589 euros.