The COVID-19 pandemic has changed many aspects of our daily lives, as well as the whole school environment, which for several months has been confined to virtual lessons to be held exclusively at home.
Summer is passing, a new school year will start in just over a month and here are some new Assistant features coming from Google that will help children and families make learning from home more fun and organize all the activities daily: from homework, to recreations and more.
- Family bell: one of the first news announced by Google is Family Bell, a feature that allows you to add more easily during the day to keep in mind when to start a new online lesson, take a break, have a snack and much more. Users can take advantage of some predefined reminders, even if there is still the possibility to customize, create or manage them directly from the Google App for Android and iOS. The feature is available in English on compatible smart speakers or compatible Smart Displays.
- Transmission of messages between multiple devices: from today it is possible to transmit messages between the various smart devices present in the same apartment. Example: "Hey Google, pass on to the bedroom, 'breakfast is ready!'".
- Additional functions: with the Google Assistant it will be possible to make learning even more fun thanks to a series of new features coming soon
- Funny anecdotes about animals: "Hey Google, tell me about the soul of the day", this voice command will allow you to listen to the sound emitted by the animal and will try to further involve the little ones by inviting them to draw it. The feature is available on smart speakers and smart displays in the United States.
- Homework Help: Users can ask "Hey Google, help me with homework" to get suggestions on historical events, periodic table, math calculations or translations.