Garmin today presented Forerunner 745, a new sportwatch designed specifically for those who love and practice sport. Multi-discipline is the natural terrain of the new Garmin, which in fact has advanced activity monitoring functions, thus constituting a very valid alternative to the other models in the range, first of all the Forerunner 945 presented more than a year ago.
Forerunner 745 is not only synonymous with high performance in sports: the watch of the US company also integrates some smart features that allow for example to save up to 500 songs locally, synchronize playlists from Spotify, Amazon Music and Deezer or still make contactless payments with Garmin Pay.
Forerunner 745 includes:
- Firstbeat Analytics key performance tracking features such as VO2 max
- calculation of the workload
- check on the state of form
- detection of the effects of aerobic and anaerobic training
- analysis of the CSS (Critical Swim Speed) data which provides swimmers, both in the pool and in open water, with indications on the pace to keep in order not to exceed the aerobic threshold
- two new GPS detection profiles optimized for the detection of running on the athletic field, outdoors or indoors
- possibility to keep track of data such as balance of the right / left leg, of the time spent sitting in the saddle or standing on the pedals and of the different power phases thanks to a special power sensor associated with the clock
- function that identifies the recovery time before the next workout
- Incident Detection detection function
- LiveTrack function that allows family and friends to follow the training or the race from home
- automatic synchronization of indoor and outdoor workouts from the Garmin Connect portal or other training apps such as TrainingPeaks and TrainerRoad
- compatibility with the Garmin Coach feature which offers free training plans
- Pulse Ox sensor to analyze the blood oxygenation level
- Body Battery function that allows you to monitor the level of physical energy to better plan the training calendar
- autonomy up to 1 week in smartwatch mode, 16 hours with active GPS, 6 hours GPS and active music
Forerunner 745 can be paired with a Running Dynamic Pod or the new HRM-Pro heart rate monitor, which offers six different running metrics, the ability to transmit data in real time via ANT + connectivity and Bluetooth connectivity.
The HRM-Pro has a water resistance of up to 5 ATM which thus guarantees full freedom in using it even during swimming sessions. There is also the possibility of storing the number of steps, calories, minutes of intensity and heart rate monitoring thanks to an integrated battery capable of ensuring up to one year of autonomy (estimating one hour a day of training).
The new Garmin Forerunner 745 is available on the official website at a price of 499.99 euros. The new Garmin HRM-Pro heart rate monitor, on the other hand, costs 129.99 euros.