Who said that choosing a portable monitor necessarily means compromising? Asus tries to prove the opposite by bringing the Rog Strix XG17AHP to Italy, the abbreviation can say little – without prejudice to the gaming vocation that can be deduced from belonging to the Rog line – but the substance is that of a monitor that does not give up features that fall within usually in the standard equipment of high-end models (and not portable).
It starts with a triplet of specifications that represent an excellent business card:
- 17.3 "full HD diagonal with 240Hz refresh rate
- Support for Adaptive-Sync technology
- Integrated 7,800 mAh battery that promises up to 3.5 hours of battery life (@ 240Hz)
The potential buyer is therefore faced with a very different product than the ZenScreen on the breach for several years. The refresh rate is the highest supported at the moment by a portable monitor, Adaptive-Sync technology also automatically adapts the frame rate of the monitor to that of the video card in a range between 48 and 240Hz and prevents the appearance of effects of tearing.
The built-in battery also supports fast charging thanks to which Asus points out that it is possible to play for 2 hours at 240Hz after an hour of charging. The two USB-C ports allow simultaneous connection of the monitor to the video source and to the power outlet (but the battery can also be recharged via the power bank). Other noteworthy technical features include the small footprint (the thickness is 1 cm and the weight just over one kilogram), the integrated double speaker, and the Rog tripod tripod which is included in the package together with the smart cover and to the transport bag.
Considering the imminent announcement of the Asus Rog Phone 3, it seems that the Taiwanese manufacturer wants to prepare the ground for the arrival of his next gaming smartphone in Italy with a portable monitor that could represent an ideal complement, but. through the UBS-C and micro-HDMI 2.0 ports, the monitor can also be combined with other smartphones, laptops, consoles, video cameras and other devices that support these video connections.
The exclusive characteristics of the product, however, make the price rise which is equal to 599 euros.
- Display: 17.3 ", 16: 9 format, IPS, 1920 x 1080 pixels, brightness 300 cd / ㎡, anti-glare treatment, response time (gray to gray) 3ms, maximum refresh rate 240Hz, 100% coverage of the color range sRGB
- Audio: 1W stereo speaker (RMS) x 2, ESS Saber HiFi DAC
- I / O ports: USB Type-C x 2, micro HDMI (v2.0) x 1
- Battery: 7,800mHa, up to 3.5 hours @ 240Hz
- Dimensions: 399.09×250.51×9.95mm
- Weight: 1.06 kg
- Other: blue light reduction support, HDCP support, Adaptive-Sync support, 8 GameVisual modes (Scenery / Racing / Cinema / RTS / RPG / FPS / sRGB Modes / MOBA Mode / User Mode), height-adjustable Rog Tripod support
Huawei's top at the best price? Huawei P30 Pro, on offer today from Emarevolution for 450 euros or from Unieuro to 599 euros.