EA and Origin Access become EA Play: Electronic Arts' subscription service will also debut on Steam, as has already been known for some time. The news today is also the date: the landing on the platform is expected for 31 August. The name change is also accompanied by a brand new logo and app look,
No changes, at least for the moment, regarding the benefits for subscribers who on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC can continue to access exclusive discounts and promotions, preview demos and enjoy the full games included in the subscription. In the coming weeks, new features will be implemented including in-game challenges and monthly rewards.
EA Play therefore becomes the definitive gaming platform for those who love Electronic Arts products, and on Steam it will offer the same benefits guaranteed on other platforms. The leaders of the company then pointed out that the subscription called Origin Access Premiere has transformed into EA Play Pro and remains an exclusive for PC. Below are all the advantages offered by the service:
EA Play "Basic" (Xbox One, PS4, PC)
- Get exclusive challenges and rewards, member-only content, early trials of new releases, and access to a library of great games.
- Play selected new titles for up to 10 hours even before release.
- Play to the max with unlimited access to a collection of Electronic Arts' best-loved titles and franchises.
- Save 10% on EA digital purchases, including game downloads, season passes, points packs and DLCs.
EA Play Pro (PC)
- Get unlimited access to all our best games and latest releases.
- Play the best editions of our best games with all the additional extras, including in-game rewards, season passes and premium content.
- Get early access to new games selected for you before they are released to the public.
- 10% discount on EA digital purchases, including full games, expansions, point packs and more.
The subscription to EA Play has a monthly cost of 3.99 euros or 24.99 euros annually. The Pro subscription costs 14.99 euros per month or 99.99 euros per year.