Arlo introduces a new version of the Video Doorbell, the video intercom with smart functionality. It is called Video Doorbell Wire-Free and immediately highlights its peculiarity, as well as the distinctive trait compared to the predecessor launched just under a year ago: installation is even easier because it does not require pre-existing doorbell wiring.
The new Video Doorbell is equipped with an integrated rechargeable battery which reduces the constraints of the previous model which required the connection of a transformer and installation with the help of a qualified electrician. If there is an electrical connection near the video door entry unit, it will still be possible to always keep the battery charged; otherwise you will have to recharge periodically.
Arlo has not yet communicated the technical specifications of the batteries, but anticipates that autonomy should be between 3 and 6 months on a single charge.
The remaining technical characteristics faithfully follow those of the model on the market for a few months: the camera supports video shooting with HD resolution and HDR, the lens has a viewing angle of 180, and it is possible to make video calls with two-way audio upon activation. of the doorbell. Finally, functions for intelligent movement detection are supported with the sending of instant alerts on the smartphone, the management of the video intercom through the Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant assistants or the IFTTT service, and night vision via infrared LEDs.
Arlo has not yet formalized the information on the price and availability of the Wire-Free Video Doorbell in Italy: the amount requested in the US market is 200 dollars; to have a yardstick the version with wiring costs 150 dollars (in Italy 199 euros).
- Video mode: 1536 x 1536 pixels, 1080 x 1080 pixels, 720 x 720, 1: 1 aspect ratio
- Viewing angle: 180 degrees
- Video features: HDR, SIP video calls when the doorbell is pressed
- Motion Detection: Single sensor for motion, 110 ° on the horizontal axis
- Night vision, high power infrared LEDs (850nm) with IR blocking filter
- 12x digital zoom
- Audio: Array of single microphones, Full-duplex two-way audio, SIP audio / video call initiated when the doorbell is pressed, quick response messages
- Resistant to UV rays and atmospheric agents