Palmer will arrive on Apple TV +, a dramatic film starring Justin Timberlake and directed by Fisher Stevens, a prolific actor, director and producer that probably many will remember for Short Circuit and Short Circuit 2. The screenplay is written by Cheryl Guerriero, and will tell the story of a former football promise that has fallen from grace and tries to regain possession of his life once out of prison. The road to redemption will lead him to find unexpectedly a special boy abandoned by his mother. The cast will also feature Juno Temple, June Squibb and his Ryder Allen film debut.
The news comes at a good time for the Apple streaming service. Greyhound, the film written and starring Tom Hanks, made its debut a few days (cinema was expected, but the coronavirus had other plans) and apparently went very well. In addition, several other high profile titles are in production, including:
- Killers of the Flower Moon by Martin Scorsese, with Leonardo Di Caprio and Robert DeNiro;
- Snow Blind starring Jake Gyllenhall;
- Emancipation, by Antoine Fuqua (Jojo Rabbit) and produced by Will Smith;
- Sharper, starring Julianne Moore;
- On The Rocks, by Sofia Coppola with Bill Murray and Rashida Jones.