Apple releases new Beta of almost all its operating systems (except macOS), and Microsoft simultaneously releases a new build of WIndows 10 for Insiders in the Dev Channel (what we once called the Fast Ring. As for Apple, it is of the third beta of the software currently under test, and are currently only available to developers (the public ones will arrive later, as per tradition). Here are the details for the Apple:
- iOS 14: Beta 3
- iPadOS 14: Beta 3
- watchOS 7: Beta 3
- tvOS 14: Beta 3 (build 18J5344d)
For the moment no macOS, but things could change shortly. As usual, Apple does not release detailed changelogs and nothing striking has emerged immediately compared to the previous beta. We will update you if there are developments, but we mostly expect bug fixes and performance improvements.
On the Microsoft side, however, we have the 20175 build, finally available also for systems with AMD processors, and there are some noteworthy innovations:
- Edge: Better management of sites added to the Taskbar. Now when you add a site to the taskbar and click on it, all open pages or tabs related to that site will be shown – exactly as it would for traditional applications. The novelty is distributed to a subset of Insiders, and serves Edge from version 85.0.561.0 (Canary or Dev channel) or more recent.
- Reset UWP app via PowerShell. These apps could be reset (ie: restore to default settings, losing any data or personalization) for some time from the Settings, but for power users the command line option will certainly be convenient; also in this way it is possible to reset some packages that are not displayed in the Settings, such as the Start menu. The syntax is as follows:
Get-AppxPackage (PACKAGE NAME) | Reset-AppxPackage
- Eye Contact on Surface Pro X. Artificial intelligence "corrects" the user's gaze during a video call so that the other party seems to be looking directly at them, instead of upwards or downwards – depending where the webcam is located. During a call, in fact, we tend to look at the face of those who are calling us, as we would in real life, instead of on the webcam, which is actually the "point of view" of the other person.
- New icons. They are not strictly related to the build, but are always available in the Insider circuit only. This time we have upgrades for Snip & Sketch (the new screenshot app that is called Capture and Annotate in Italy) and for Sticky Notes.
Huawei's top at the best price? Huawei P30 Pro, on offer today from Emarevolution for 450 euros or from Unieuro to 599 euros.