Amazon raises the bar regarding the quality of its music streaming service, announcing the arrival of Amazon Music HD also in Italy, after the introduction in a limited number of markets, (USA, UK, Germany and Japan) dating back to last year.
Password High Definition which applied to audio files ie significant increase in bitrate increase. Amazon Music HD in particular offers access to 60 million songs in HD and millions of songs in UHD, i.e. songs with twice the bitrate and up to 10 times higher than that of standard streaming services (up to 320 kbps). Also included in the package is a catalog of 3D songs perfect for listening to Amazon Echo Studio devices
The purpose of the service is to allow the most demanding users to stream their favorite songs listening to them as they were originally recorded. Steve Boom, VP of Amazon Music commented: In introducing this new listening experience for our customers and the industry, we combine the convenience of streaming playback with the thrills, power, clarity and nuances of original recordings.
Music HD can be activated by existing Amazon Music Unlimited customers with a surcharge, and by those who have not previously subscribed to the Amazon audio streaming platform. To encourage the use of the service, Amazon provides a 90-day trial period for both new and old customers.
AMAZON MUSIC HD
- 60 million lossless high-definition songs with 16-bit depth and 44.1kHz sampling rate (CD quality)
- millions of tracks in Ultra HD (higher than CD quality) with a depth of 24 bits and a sampling rate of 192 KHz
- Compatibility: Ability to play the brands on a wide range of devices including desktops, Android and iOS smartphones, a selection of Amazon devices (Echo, Fire TV and Fire Tablet), and third-party audio products (among others most of Denon and Marantz products with HEOS Built-in, Polk Audio, Definitive Technology, Sonos, McIntosh, Sennheiser
- network connection with data transfer rates of 1.5 Mbps or higher (eg LTE)
- devices supporting 16bit / 44.1KHz or higher
- headphones or speakers that support a dynamic range of 20kHz + for HD (40KHz + for UHD)
- New subscribers: 14.99 euros per month, 90 days free trial
- Amazon Music Unlimited customers: 5 euros more in addition to the pre-existing subscription fee, 90 days free trial
- Registration and detailed terms: to register, simply connect to the