Amazfit is preparing to challenge Xiaomi and its Mi Band 5: Amazfit Band 5 is coming, a new economic smartband that will integrate with Amazon Alexa – first anticipated also on the Mi Band 5 but then officially never arrived – its main point of strength.
On an aesthetic level, the Amazfit Band 5 does not differ much from its rival and is in fact characterized by an elongated main body integrated into the strap. Specifically, the Band 5 will be equipped with a color display with AMOLED technology, an element already confirmed in July by the FCC certification.
The remaining specifications of the smartband then include a 125 mAh battery (same capacity as the Mi Band 5), Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity, GPS (Connected) and support for Android 5.0 (or higher) and iOS 10.0 (or higher) operating systems.
Extensive list of features mentioned on the page in e-commerce. Among these we find:
- support for Amazon Alexa;
- monitoring the level of oxygen in the blood SpO2;
- sleep quality monitoring;
- stress level monitoring;
- 24-hour heart rate monitoring;
- water resistance equal to 5ATM
- remote control for Music and Camera (with associated device);
- 11 different sport modes;
- app notification control;
- reminder control;
- more than 45 watchfaces and the ability to customize them.
Amazift Band 5 is already available for pre-order on Amazon.com at a price of $ 49.99. Yesterday the availability was set for 30 September, while now it has been postponed to next 30 November. We look forward to more concrete information relating to a possible commercialization in our market.