For Amazon's digital assistant, it's time for a change of look, waiting to give Siri and Assistant a shoulder regarding the launch of the apps and the execution of the actions. The news is concentrated in the main screen of the Alexa app for Android, iOS and Fire OS:
The tools that allow you to explore the individual sections have been updated and a new design has been introduced. The goal is to improve access to the most used functions and simplify the layout. The app will also provide users with increasingly personalized recommendations based on interests. In more detail, the official changelog refers to:
- More personalized experience: as customers use the app, personalized suggestions will appear on the main screen based on the topics of their greatest interest, such as accessing reminders or listening to an audiobook with Audible. Customers will see controls related to active or frequently used features. They will be able, for example, to control the volume level of their Echo devices as they had been left since their last use.
- Interaction with Alexa: customers will see the Alexa button located at the top of the main screen, to make Alexa identification and the possibility to start talking to her even easier and more immediate. Customers can still activate the interaction experience with Alexa without resorting to the use of their hands, simply saying the word "Alexa" every time the app is open on the screen.
- Tips for new customers: new customers will have useful tips to start using Alexa and to perform actions such as, for example, play music from Amazon Music or manage their shopping list.
- The "Other" item has been moved: customers can now select the "Other" item in the bottom navigation bar to view – in the format of an app – features such as reminders, routines, skills, settings and more.
- Alexa | Android | Google Play Store, Free
- Alexa | iOS | Apple App Store, Free