After several weeks we return to talk about Adobe, this time not for the iPad version of Photoshop updated at the end of July with new functions inherited from the desktop variant.
Today's protagonists are the audio and video tools of Adobe Creative Cloud, which in the past few hours have received an important update with the goal of maximizing creative power, increasing the efficiency and flexibility of editing and post-production.
The new features are announced at the latest edition of IBC, the international event dedicated to the world of media and entertainment, and concern Adobe Premiere Pro (in public and stable beta version), After Effects, Character Animator and more. .
- ADOBE PREMIERE PRO
- AFTER EFFECTS
- CHARACTER ANIMATOR
- The Automatic Recognition of Edited Scenes allows you to detect more quickly and accurately the cuts in video already edited, thanks to Adobe Sensei. The function adds cuts and markers to allow users to apply effects to individual scenes and re-edit already edited content quickly and efficiently.
- HDR for Broadcaster allows users to produce Rec2100 HLKG HDR files for modern HDR broadcasts. The feature includes automatic color conversion, support for HDR, overwriting of color spaces for incorrect metadata and full color management in Apple ProRes and Sony XAVC formats.
- Quick Export (in the public Beta version) gives you quick access to the most frequent export settings directly from Premiere Pro's main toolbar. You can use the default H.264 output with coordinate source settings or choose from a list of H.264 presets that allow you to reduce the size of exported files.
- 3D Translation and Rotation tools that help users navigate a scene faster and more intuitively. You can resize, position and rotate layers with helpful guides that show how a layer or object has been moved and by how many degrees it has been rotated. Users can switch ways to focus on a single job and make precise and effective changes.
- Camera navigation tools redesigned to offer artists an intuitive and flexible approach to navigating 3D environments. The new default scene camera makes it easier to set up scenes. By adding multiple cameras, you can show various viewpoints, orbit and pan and pan around objects intuitively, using keyboard shortcuts.
Soon in Character Animator
- Sequence Shot, similar to After Effects Sequence Layers, allows users to manage selected takes in the Character Animator timeline. Move and start scenes one after another to simplify your timeline workflow. Find out what's coming to Character Animator Beta and download the app to try this feature right away.
Improve performance between applications
- Multicam ProRes in Premiere Pro can support up to 2 additional streams, speeding up editing processes with this widely used format.
- Coming soon to After Effects, Channel Effects are now GPU-accelerated to provide up to 1.65x faster performance in After Effects. They include the Min / Max effect, Scroll channels, Set channels and Combination channels.
- OpenEXR Previews for multi-part and multi-channel files are up to 3x faster in After Effects (this improvement was included in the August performance update for After Effects).
The newly released versions are available for download on the Creative Cloud desktop application which includes both the final version and the public beta.